Click here to add this page to your favorites
Click here to add this page to your favorites

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a difference exercise makes!

I had stopped bicycling a couple of weeks ago because of the weather and I have put on a couple of pounds. I had increased my eating habits because with the biking I was burning them off. I figured I was burning around 3000 calories weekly. Now that the bike probably wont see another commuting trip until the spring…….i have to cut down on the my calories in. My scale says im starting to break the upper limit of my acceptable range (my range is 178 to 182) Which is confirmed by my clothes fitting a little tighter. Since I threw away all my size 36 jeans and have no intentions of buying them again..... there's only one option…………Don’t gain the weight back!!!
The occasional walk to the bank isn't cutting it. I need something on a regular basis. I'm not one to go to the gym. So the first line of defense is to cut the “calories in” part. I weight myself often and I fluctuate between a couple of pounds during the week. I use the scale as a constant reminder of my weight. I use the way my clothes fit me as my true gauge. It’s such an often occurrence where one day I would put on my pants and notice they were “looser” than last week. So I would run to the scale and my happiness would turn to frustration when it showed me heavier! It would also happen the other way around. The following week I would weight myself and see I lost a couple of pounds…..then run to the closet and find my clothes fit tighter than ever, lol. So now I rely on how my clothes fit as the true gauge.
Anyways I'm finding it difficult to get back on track. I had developed “bad” habits . The kids Halloween candy is finally gone. I'm back to actually writing down what I eat. You would be surprised how when you write things down you think twice about sticking it in your mouth. At the end of the day I review what I ate.
My daily salad is making a come back. Along with the little lunch bags of sliced red pepper( my favorite healthy snack), carrots and celery. I get the “laughs” from people at work but this is what I have to do to get back on track. I am NOT going to gain back my weight!

No comments:

Custom Search