Click here to add this page to your favorites
Click here to add this page to your favorites

Monday, November 10, 2008

Take a hike!

Guess what i did today…………………


When i got home from work I had to make a trip to the bank to deposit a check. The bank is about 1 1/2 miles away. Yep, you guessed it. I WALKED! Before my new way of thinking about passive exercising i would have certainly taken the car. After all…………Walk? You’ve got to be kidding, right? Only people who don’t own cars have to walk! I have no time to do that. After all i have to hurry back home so i can sit down and watch TV and have a snack.
Not anymore. So i put on my sneakers and took a stroll. Kept about a 4 mph pace. I made the trip, there and back in about 45 minutes.
The Jenny Craig’s rep advice about taking the stairs is good. The part about parking the furthest spot in the lot is a crock. Walking an extra 100 yards at a leisurly pace is hardly going to impact anything. The pace i had while walking wasn’t a break neck one but it was brisk and lively. Again i didnt put on any “power walking garb”. You know the walkman, the water bottle and sweats and head band. I just took a walk. There no need to get into costume to make the walk official. All you need is a pair of sneakers and a destination.

No comments:

Custom Search