Click here to add this page to your favorites
Click here to add this page to your favorites

Monday, November 10, 2008

A couple of times Ive actually lost weight the “proper” way by going to Weight Watcher’s. Then again another time by going to Jenny Craig. I always viewed Weight Watchers as the most successful because i was able to keep the weight off for nearly a year before fully gaining back the 40 lbs.
Then about 4 or 5 years ago something changed. I went to Jenny Craig(a second time) and started again.
Like the last couple of times with the commercial weight loss companies it started pretty easy. The first few weeks are usually very encouraging. Losing 2 or 3 lbs a week. Over the course of a year i was down about 40 lbs. Then hit an area where i stopped losing weight and leveled off for a few months. Then after that i started losing again….but at a slower pace. After a while it became a challenge to see how much weight i could actually lose. What started controlling my life was the number that would come up every week when i weighted in. If i gained i got pissed. If i lost then i felt great. I’m 5′9″ according to the ideal body weight chart, a person with a medium frame my height should weight no more than 163. My elbow measurement puts me on the top edge of medium so i can argue that I’m a large frame. That would boost my “healthy” weight to 176. So that was my goal. After another few months i made it to 175. I started wearing size 34 pants….something that i havent bought since high school.

No comments:

Custom Search