Click here to add this page to your favorites
Click here to add this page to your favorites

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Controlling snack attacks

When I'm stressed sometimes i tend to eat the wrong foods. My favorite mood enhancers(foods) are chocolate, and i also like peanut butter on a ritz cracker with a little jelly. I don't deprive myself this quick fix at times because i am human. I'm not perfect. What i do know is that if i don't allow myself what i crave ill be miserable. Ill eat other "healthy" foods to satisfy me but it wont help. Ill still wind up eating what i crave. So bottom line is i eat what i crave PLUS regular food.
To satisfy my chocolate crave......................My favorite candy bar is a Milky Way. What I do is i take a bar and cut it into 5 or 6 pieces. Then put them in the back of the freezer. Where i cant see them but i know there there. Occasionally ill stick one in my mouth. The secret is not chewing for as long as possible.
For my other fix ill take usually 3 ritz crackers. Put peanut butter and jelly on them and then eat them. The secret is not to eat them until I'm finished making all three and putting away the peanut butter, putting away the jelly and putting the utensils in the sink. I don't drink anything with it. We all know the peanut butter taste will last a while. That's what works for me.

It would be so easy to just make cracker after cracker. Not stopping before you realize you've eaten half the sleeve and a good amount of peanut butter. Granted peanut butter is pretty good nutritionally but its still way high in fat. A little is fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your tip
Adrienne

Custom Search