Click here to add this page to your favorites
Click here to add this page to your favorites

Monday, November 10, 2008

Lets see, I’ve tried diet pills, diets involving replacing meals with shakes and food bars. I’ve even tried the low carb thing. A few times i reduced my diet to only ingesting 800-1000 calories a day.
I once was mocked by a couple of co-workers by the way my my clothes made me look like a sausage so they challenged me to lose weight. I’m always up for a good challenge so i suggested we make it interesting. I told them i would bet them $50 each that i could lose 30 lbs in 30 days. (I knew i could do it because I’ve done it before, but they didn’t know.)
I suddenly saw a look of worry come over their faces, but since my offer came within earshot of others……..they felt compelled to accept. Of course I gave myself a head start by drinking enough water to drown a fish before they weighed me in, lol. But needless to say after 30 days I came out the victor. That was done by switching to a diet which mainly consisted of canned tuna fish, vegetables, salad and coffee………..plenty of coffee. To push things further along i also tried to start jogging, without too much success i might ad. At the end of the month i was down 35 lbs. It was nice to lose the weight but it was nicer to see the look on their face as they forked over the money, lol.
A couple of times I’ve actually lost weight the “proper” way by going to Weight Watcher’s. Then again another time by going to Jenny Craig. I always viewed Weight Watchers as the most successful because i was able to keep the weight off for nearly a year before fully gaining back the 40 lbs.

No comments:

Custom Search