Click here to add this page to your favorites
Click here to add this page to your favorites

Friday, November 14, 2008

A step back in the right direction.

Having kids at home means having ice cream and snacks around. When i get home from shopping they usually only last 3 or 4 days before they are gone. A couple of weeks ago i bought a half gallon of Cherry Chocolate Chunk ice cream. It looked good and thought the kids would love it. Turns out there is only one person who did................and that was me, lol.
I usually satisfy my crave for ice cream like this. I take a banana, slice it up and put it in a bowl. Then put a spoonful of ice cream on top and mix it all up. That gives me the taste of the ice cream and the filling of a banana. Its no where near as damaging as a whole bowl of ice cream alone.
Well yesterday I was out of bananas and i decided to have a bowl of the ice cream. Yes.........it was good. Then came today and again no bananas. But i still had the craving for ice cream. Seeing that i could easily start this into a bad habit there was only one thing to do. I took out the ice cream. Took out a spoon full and tossed the rest in the garbage. Yes, there was slightly less than half a container but if i didn't toss it............I would have probably finished it by Sunday.
It was probably the best thing i did today.

No comments:

Custom Search